Thursday, August 28, 2014

Classroom Behavior | Getting Started

I am having a great first week so far!  I wanted to share how I manage my classroom behaviors.  I try to keep it easy with helps for me, the kiddos and also the parents.  On the first day of school the students and I review some "expected" behaviors in the classroom and school and complete a "contract".  I also review 3 different levels of behavior.  Individual, group and whole class.  Here is the letter I send home explaining my system:


The contract the students and I complete is located here:


The way I manage the individual behavior is by use of 2 cards.
One card is specifically for stickers and the other is specifically for hole punches.
Every student gets both cards to start the year.  The hole punch card lasts 3 weeks and then a new card is distributed (mainly because only 3 weeks fit on the card).  If a student does receive a hole punch, it is punched in during that week and I make a notation of why.  I also mark it on the sticker card, so I know and the student knows that they are not to add a sticker that week.  Here is what both look like:



The sticker card has been premade so it includes all the dates for the last day of each week.  
You can see the sticker card is a full sheet of paper.  On the first day of school the students add labels with their name on it (premade) and then trim off the excess paper.  Fold it in half and staple it closed.  It then fits perfectly in our card pockets:


No comments:

Post a Comment