Monday, August 29, 2016

Open House 2016-2017

Hello!  I am so excited about open house this year.  I am enjoying every single moment of setting up my room and getting everything just perfect for my new students and families.  It's a wonderful thing to meet little human beings that you will be spending your days with.

I tried something new this year and I am putting all my classroom information in a flipbook.  In the past, I've done a booklet (which is still available on my classroom website because it was hard to upload the flipbook) but I thought a flipbook would be easy and fun to use.  I also made a poster this year as the students and families enter which I mounted onto my easel.  I made mini ones for the kids tables so they don't have to keep referring back to the larger poster.   Some other items you will see in the pictures include:

  • Printed Post-it Notes for Parents (made by me!)
  • Open House Cards for the students to fill out with some information (made by me!)
  • Names on the desks that I made with my Silhouette Cameo (and dollar store contact paper!)
  • Meet the Teacher Autobiography
  • How to Survive 4th Grade
  • All in a Day by Cynthia Rylant book and Poster
  • Power Point with an overview of everything in the flipbook

Enjoy the pics!














No comments:

Post a Comment