Monday, July 21, 2014

First Projects

The beginning of a new school year is approaching!  
I've already been in my classroom unpacking boxes and getting a head start
on things so I can hopefully focus on other "to do" list items the week we return to school.

I am excited about a new school year but also about sharing my year by blogging.


This week I worked on the following projects:


1.  Classroom Jobs

2.  Calendar Overview

I decided to do something a little bit more fun and creative for my job board this year.  I've been preparing the items this week and then the next time I'm at school I'm hoping I can hang it up and have it displayed to post.  First thing I did was chalkboard paint some printed clothespins I found and fell in love with at Michaels.  I did this so I could reuse them each year by writing each students' name with chalk pen.  One name per clothespin.







UPDATE!

Bulletin Board is done.  I actually went out and bought this cork board at Michaels (on sale).  I used my Silhouette Cameo to do the sign sections and I love how the tags came out.




Then I typed up and printed tags on Avery 5168 (2 in by 4 in), which I will laminate for durability at school and hang with twine.  I also found the tags at Michaels.  Stay tuned for the final result!

I also worked on getting my calendars set up (book and iphone).  This year I can not wait to use my new plan book.  Over the years I've done only one thing and that is type my plans into a table format and print them out this week.  As life goes on, I find that I have less time to type and print and last year I found myself handwriting all my plans, which I actually liked.  So I went on a hunt to find the perfect plan book and I think I found it!  It's an all in one plan book/grade book/life book.  Teacher Plan Book


Here's mine:


I then bought a new iphone case to match :) iphone case
Looking forward to a great year with my new book!

No comments:

Post a Comment