Friday, October 9, 2015

My Classroom Library | Second Post

Using the Library

I use a pretty simple system in my classroom.  It's not perfect, but it works for me.  It also is a simple way to have students practice procedures and responsibility.

See for yourself!

Students find a book they would like to take out and then they take the card out of the back, write their name and place it in their book box (or start reading!)  The card gets stored in a little bucket.

When students want to return a book, they reverse their operations.
They need to find the card, place it back in the book, and find the bin where it goes.
I have made little maps for the bookcases so kids could find bins easier.













One thing that has been on my to do list for a long time is to scan and catalog every book I have in the library.  That way I can easily search or find a book that I need or a student needs.  I was lucky enough to receive funds from our AMAZING school's PTSA to purchase an IntelliScanner which is specifically designed for things like classroom libraries.  My plan is to eventually get into a system, where I scan a bin of books every week or so until it's complete (I haven't gotten there yet, but I will!)


No comments:

Post a Comment